Routine pre-ride checks on your scooter are essential to ensure your ride goes smoothly but also to keep yourself safe. When was the last time you checked your vehicle was in a safe working condition?
Watch the video below for more info on getting ready to ride:
We recommend keeping your vehicle in good condition so that both you and your vehicle can stay on the road. The good news is, these pre-ride checks are quick and easy!
Before you get on your scooter, there are a number of pre-ride checks to think about:
- Before riding, check tyres are inflated and have enough tread to prevent skidding. A worn or flat tyre can be a major hazard on the road.
- Check that brakes and lights are working properly
- Make sure the chain has a free play of 3-4cm and is well lubricated
- Take a look at oil levels to see if a scooter is due for a service
- Replace engine oil often to avoid damaging your engine
- Ensure there is enough fuel before starting your journey
- Clean food carrying bag regularly
Pop on your helmet, place your phone into the scooter mount, and you’re ready to go.