Routine pre-ride checks on your scooter are essential to ensure your ride goes smoothly but also to keep yourself safe. When was the last time you checked your vehicle was in a safe working condition?
Take a look at the video below, where experienced rider Juan takes you through some of the checks he goes through on his scooter before he goes online.
We recommend keeping your vehicle in good condition so that both you and your vehicle can stay on the road. The good news is, these pre-ride checks are quick and easy!
Before you get on your scooter, there are a number of pre-ride checks to think about:
- Before riding, check tyres are inflated and have enough tread to prevent skidding. A worn or flat tyre can be a major hazard on the road.
- Check that brakes and lights are working properly
- Make sure the chain has a free play of 3-4cm and is well lubricated
- Take a look at oil levels to see if a scooter is due for a service
- Replace engine oil often to avoid damaging your engine
- Ensure there is enough fuel before starting your journey
- Clean food carrying bag regularly
Watch the video below for more info on getting ready to ride:
Pop on your helmet, place your phone into the scooter mount, and you’re ready to go.