Your safety is our priority and at Deliveroo, we’re constantly looking for new ways to help further protect you whenever you’re on the road. With this in mind, late last year we gave riders in several cities across the UK the chance to try out a new safety app called Flare.
We’re excited to announce that starting today we’re giving all riders in Australia free and exclusive premium access to the Flare app.
Whether you use a bicycle, scooter, motorbike or car, with Flare enabled, you’ll benefit from a suite of first-class safety features:
- Ask others close by for help - If you break down while you work and need assistance, you can use the Flare feature to ask other Flare users nearby for help.
- Hotspot reports - If you encounter a blind turn or a pothole that you believe is a risk to your and others’ safety, you can report it in the app.
- RoadRadar - Whenever you use Flare, RoadRadar users (which include lots of truck and car drivers) will be warned when you’re close.
- Incident detection - Using the sensors in your smartphone, Flare can detect road incidents or collisions.
- Emergency contacts - If you're unresponsive, the app will automatically notify your emergency contacts and Deliveroo’s dedicated Rider Support team.
Register and download to begin using the app today, safe in the knowledge you have a layer of extra protection while you work.
We're committed to working with the Government and councils to campaign for better road safety. If you have suggestions on what more we can do to improve your safety on the road, please don't hesitate to get in touch.