Most crashes on the road happen at intersections, so you should take extra care as you approach them. You can stay safe at intersections by:
- Wearing bright or light coloured clothing
- Having your headlight on, even in the day
- Be aware of your surroundings – in front, to the side, and behind you
- Don’t expect other road users to have seen you – always expect the unexpected
- Approach slowly and be prepared to have to stop
Make sure you’re familiar with the road rules at intersections. The following video gives a helpful overview:
Information in this article was adapted from theVicRoads website.