When riding at night, in the rain or fog, or in other low-visibility conditions, being seen is crucial to staying safe. It is essential to take the necessary steps and precautions to ensure you stay safe and visible while on the road.
Take a look at some important tips to increase your visibility when riding to help keep you safe while you’re out delivering orders:
- Wear brightly coloured and reflective clothing like the Deliveroo rider kit so you are visible to all road users during the day and at night. If you or a delegate rides in NSW, there are specific rules about the high-vis equipment you must use.
- When riding at night, avoid wearing dark or dull coloured clothing like black, navy or grey - dark clothing provides poor visibility which can increase the risk of accidents.
- For added visibility, use retro-reflective tape or stickers that will catch the attention of other road users.
- If you are riding a motorcycle at night, it is a road rule that the vehicle must have at least one headlight, be fitted with a red rear light that is visible from 200m and have a reflector fitted to the rear of the vehicle.
- If you are riding a bicycle or e-bike at night, it is a road rule that the vehicle must have a white light on the front of the bike, a red light on the back and a red reflector on the back to make it easier to be seen by other vehicles - the lights must be visible from 200 metres and the reflector must be visible from 50 metres.